[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome and ACPI wake up

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:11:12 UTC 2007

2007/11/11, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>:
> I use nvram-wakeup but I'm sure it's possible to set things up to use
> ACPI and have everything work properly because I've applied several
> patches to make it possible to do just that. You just have to figure out
> how to plug you scripts into the mythshutdown process to do what you
> want :-)

mythshutdown's internal alarm setting did not work for me (I do not
remember why), so I got it directly from mythshutdown's output:

wakeup=`mythshutdown -t -v all | grep 'Mythshutdown: wakeup time given is:'`
wakeup_date=`echo -n $wakeup | awk '{ print $8 }'`
wakeup_time=`echo -n $wakeup | awk '{ print $9 }'`

and I write it to /proc/acpi/alarm.

It is not a nice solution because mythshutdown's output might change
but it is working for me at the moment.

M.