[mythtv-users] Branch differences?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:45:29 UTC 2007

2007/11/11, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot at telemail.fi>:
> 2007/11/11, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot>:
> >  Sorry about newbie question, but what are differences between mythtv
> >  branches?
> >
> >  If I look at svn download area I see:
> >
> >  auto-configuration
> >  commdetector2
> >  commflagging
> >  multiuser
> >  mythexport
> >  mythmusic-ui
> >  mythtv-channel-scan
> >  mythtv-eit
> >  mythtv-multirec
> >  mythtv-pip
> >  mythtv-qt4
> >  mythtv-vid
> >  mythui
> >  mythweb-ui
> >  release-0-18-fixes
> >  release-0-19-fixes
> >  release-0-20-fixes
> >  settings-revamp
> >  softpad
> >  themestringstool
> >
> >  Then there is trunk version. I understand -fixes versions, multirec and
> >  trunk, what apparently is latest code?
>
> trunk is the latest code. the different branches are for testing
> purposes (like multirec or multiuser) before they sometime in the
> future become a part of the official release.
>
> >  But what are those else? Is there any good description about branches?
> I can only guess according to name that:
> -qt4 is for QT v.4. MythTv is working at the moment with QT3.
> -pip is for PictureInPicture although I have no idea what is being
> done there, because I believe that most of the people are not using it
> (I was using it a few months ago, but I did no like it because PIP was
> in square format, not in 4:3)
> -eit stands for Event Information Table which is a part of DVB-SI
> (service information). EIT contains EPG data
> mythmusic-ui is probably some kind of new gui for MythMusic, because
> there were a few discussions on the list about the current gui.
> multiuser is the same as others branches and devs are using this
> branch for multiuser feature in mythtv
>

> >  And major differencies on 0.18 , 0.19 , 0.20 and trunk versions?
> check the changelog in wiki:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Release_Notes
>
> M.
>
> Thanks for response.
>
> I'm not familiar with svn "protocol"
> So, are all 0.20.-fixes included to trunk? I run latest trunk code, and
> i'm wondering if this ticket is included:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2335
>
> Or should I add patch to source myself? I'm having this freezing problem
> still.

I have no idea whether is this included in SVN, but probably not. I
think there is no some kind of announcement list for included patches
(except -dev), so you can only check that manually.  Try to apply
patch by yourself and if you get message that this is already applied
("assume reverse -R), it is ok. if you get the message that the patch
could no be applied because of "not found" etc errors, you will have
to apply it manually (open the patch, open the file which should be
patched, make a copy of it, check for differences and apply them by
yourself). after that, you can create a patch by yourself by doing:

diff -Naur new_file_or_dir old_file_or_dir > your_patch

and add it to trac for other people.

M.