[mythtv-users] Problem with new second FE system

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:06:31 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 1:54 PM, H P Ladds <householdwords at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2007 6:36 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just installed MythDora 4 on a system I'm trying to use as another FE, but...
>
> Are both the FE and BE using the same version of MythDora? If they are
> not using the same "protocol" to play video, then you will run into
> troubles.

BE is Myth 0.20.2 from ATrpms on FC6.  FE is MythDora 4 vanilla (IIRC,
that's Myth 0.20.0)

Your suggestion sounds like a good lead, but IIRC, my original FE is also
MythDora 4 vanilla.  The original FE is currently down.  First thought it was
the mobo having on-board video going bad, but warranty replacement mobo
wouldn't even boot or provide BIOS error, so CPU is on way back for
warranty replacement.  In meantime, trying to pull together spare parts to
make substitute FE.

I thought the main (only?) differences between 0.20.0 and 0.20.2 were the
SchedulesDirect support, and since the FE doesn't do schedule updating,
it wasn't necessary to update to 0.20.2.  Is that incorrect?

Any ideas why I can get everything but the displaying of videos to work if
the versions are compatible?

Craig.