[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome and ACPI wake up

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:15:38 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 2:51 PM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/11/11, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>:
> > In MythWelcome press F11 to show the MythShutdown/MythWelcome Settings
> > page set the following:-
> >
> > Command to Set Wakeup Time: - Add the name of your script here to set
> > the wakeup time using ACPI. The time will be passed as a parameter. Your
> > script should return  '0' if you want to shutdown, '1' if you need to
> > reboot or '2' if something went wrong.
>

> How should the script know whether I want to shutdown or reboot? I
> will check this out, Mythwelcome's wakeup time did not work for me
> long time ago, but it might have changed in the meantime.
>
> M.

Ma,

I posted a set of scripts to the list awhile ago (last summer?) that I have
been using successfully with MythWelcome, MythShutdown, and Myth.

Can't recall details of thread title, but if you search for my e-mail addresses
(huffcslists at gmail dot com and huffcs at gmail dot com) at the
gossamerthreads archive along with michelle dupuis', you should find
the thread.

I have been using ACPI wakeup along with Tux On Ice (formerly suspend2)
to hibernate my system and wake it up to do scheduled activities, both
recordings and mythfilldatabase runs.  I had to do some fiddling with
the ethernet configuration to support suspend-to-ram, but always had
luck with suspend-to-disk.  I run FC6 at the moment on my BE where this
matters most.  You may have trouble with ACPI wakeup after kernel
version 2.6.20 and 2.6.24 since there was a bug that AFAIK is not yet
incorporated and is scheduled to be released with 2.6.24.

HTH.

Craig.