[mythtv-users] PS3 & UPnP not working

Damyon Wiese dwiese at epiction.com
Mon Nov 12 00:19:34 UTC 2007

The problem with the transcoding profiles is that once you transcode a
recording - it gets put into a nuppelvideo container instead of a plain
mpg - then you just get unsupported data from the PS3. Instead I just
run a user job using ffmpeg to force the audio codec to mp2. This solves
the problem where some recordings are not playable on the ps3 because
they have ac3 audio.

My user job is very simple - looks like this:

START USER JOB
#!/bin/sh

ffmpeg -i /var/lib/mythtv/$1 -vcodec copy -ab 256kb -acodec
mp2 /var/lib/mythtv/video/$1
mv /var/lib/mythtv/video/$1 /var/lib/mythtv/$1
END USER JOB