[mythtv-users] Best Linux for MythTV

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 12 10:23:04 UTC 2007

Arpotu wrote:
> Unfortunately, my cable company is TWC, so I don't think I'll be able to
> stream directly to my capture card.  I'm half-considering going back to
> non-digital basic cable so I *can* stream directly.  Hmm - that leads me
> into another question - "Which cable companies *do* allow direct streaming
> to  a capture card?"  I have a few options where I live, so maybe I'll
> jump ship to a "friendlier" provider.
>
> Cheers,
> Arpotu

For now you can still get non-digital tv direct from your coax cable
regardless of your programming package however that is going to change
in less than 2 years as the switchover to digital streams occurs. It may
have already occurred in your area. After that I am afraid your only
option is going to be an antenna or renting a STB from your provider.
Yes this sucks and I can only hope the FCC wakes up and stops taking
bribes (Not likely!) from the cable companies to limit our choices.

Good luck, at least I live close enough to a big city to get everything OTA.