[mythtv-users] glass-wide, a widescreen GUI theme for MythTV released

Justin Hornsby justin at mythtvthemes.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 10:38:47 UTC 2007

Hi folks.  I was in two minds about announcing this, but what the heck...

There's a new widescreen theme called glass-wide available from
www.mythtvthemes.co.uk.  Screenshots are on the glass-wide page.

It's more versatile than my previous efforts and is designed to be used
with a variety of background images (though all screens have the same
background by default) - the end user simply has the opportunity to
change the supplied image and (within reason) it'll look fine.

Watermarks (the 'icons' associated with every menu item) can be disabled
easily - this will save a massive amount of memory.  Personally I don't
see a real need for an icon representing what you see as text anyway,
but there's no accounting for taste.

I've tested it as much as I possibly could before release and found
nothing that jumped out at me (missing files etc).  Some icons are
missing in use with SVN trunk mythfrontend, and SVN trunk mytharchive
segfaults.  The fix for the latter is easy - simply edit mythburn-ui.xml
to find and remove the 'trunky' comments.

There will be no 4:3 version of this theme, and commercial use is
strictly forbidden under the terms of the licence I've chosen.  I make
no apologies for that.

Nothing short of a direct email to me containing screenshots (for visual
problems) or a full description of the problem will get problems fixed.

Please read the README file provided in the tarball.  If you don't have
the Bitstream Vera Sans font installed, get it.  If you don't run X at
100DPI, don't come running to me about placement problems.

All that said, I hope you enjoy using the theme & find it my best yet.

Justin