[mythtv-users] start recording less than a full minute late

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Nov 12 10:42:36 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007 03:11, Bill Williamson wrote:
> On 11/12/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> > The nightly national and local news both start with some "Tonight..."
> > filler that I usually skip over, almost instinctively now. The national
> > news has a full minute lead-in, whereas the local news has a 30-second
> > lead. No problem for the national news to have a -1 Start Early time, but
> > MythWeb doesn't do sub-minute Start Early and End Late times. I'm
> > guessing MythTV doesn't either. Is this something possible in the future?
>
> That's exactly 1 click of "right"... which is probably easier than
> jiggling schedules?

That's 1 a night - seven nights a week - 52 weeks a year - they add up! 182.5
minutes (over three hours) a year! ;-) Setting a 30-second late start for my
recording rule would take me about 5 seconds - a good return in my books.

Actually it's part of the thing I groove on with Myth the most - the ability
to ruthlessly strip away or skip over all the filler that substitutes for
real programming. Once I got into manually skipping stuff I really started to
notice it. I mean, does a half-hour news program, which actually has 20
minutes of programming, need to spend the first minute (1/20 = 5%) telling me
about the next 19 minutes? But I digress...