[mythtv-users] gutsy install frontend gui does appear if not logged in as mythtv

John Brown info at johnbrown.com.au
Mon Nov 12 12:07:01 UTC 2007

My 3rd (and final?) problem I am having -- after just doing a fresh
install of ubuntu gutsy on an AMD64 and installed mythtv frontend and
backend -- is that if I log on as anything but mythtv the frontend gui
does not appear after I run it. The system monitor shows it as
'sleeping' but the gui never appears, and I don't get any error messages.

The same thing happens on a remote Feisty frontend

Given the lack of error messages, I don't know where to start with this one.

John

Dr John Brown, PhD(Clin.Psych) MAPS
Psychologist
Mobile: 0429 455 504