[mythtv-users] Mythdora booting at night

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:54:43 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 6:24 AM, j mccord <jmccordmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response.  I checked my mythtfilldatabase and I do not
> run this automatically at any time.  I don't use this machine to
> record tv at this time so I have no recording scheduled.  I also
> checked the mythwelcome setup screen and didn't see any settings for
> scheduling boot up time.  I checked my acpid configuration and didn't
> see any setting there.  And finally I checked my bios and don't see
> any schedules there either.

Are you aware that there are *two* setup screens for mythwelcome?
One is accessed with the F12 key, the other with the "i" key.  IIRC,
the one most likely involved would be the "i" key setup screen.

Otherwise, seems like you covered all the bases.  If it's still booting
overnight, the only things I can suggest are to look at the log files in
/var/log, such as dmesg and boot to see when exactly it's booting up
and then going back through all the places you mentioned looking for
evidence of that time setting, or very near that time.  Don't forget that
you may need to translate to UTC time instead of local time, so if the
minutes are about right +/- a handful and the hour is either right on
or off by your location's UTC offset, you've found your smoking gun,
so to speak.

As an aside, it is *very* much appreciated to bottom post on this list
so that discussions are easier to follow.

HTH.

Craig.