[mythtv-users] OT: Multithreaded h264?

Staffan Pettersson staffan.pettersson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:16:50 UTC 2007

Stupid me!

I looked at the mplayer site and there it says that to use more cpu:s
specify "mplayer -lavdopts fast:threads=2"

One thing though. I can see with top that mplayer is using both cores
but the video isīnt really smooth. The cpu load is only 15% utilized
on both cores but it still stutters! What could it be?

The material is coded with 23.976 frames per second and my modeline is
configured for 71.96 vertical refresh.