[mythtv-users] deleting from telnet interface

Jason Joines jason at joines.org
Mon Nov 12 15:59:29 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] deleting from telnet interface
From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Date: Wed Nov  7 14:30:32 2007
> On Nov 7, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Jason Joines wrote:
>
>>    Yes I've read that page.  Just thought I must be missing something.
>> I don't see the point of being able to jump to something called
>> deleterecordings if I can't delete recordings once I get there.
>>

>> Jason

    Oh OK, I misunderstood it's purpose.  It's really a substitute for a
remote control or a local keyboard.

    What I want to do is manage my recordings from a remote low
bandwidth connection.  I've tunneled VNC back through SSH but it was too
slow to be usable.  Had the same problem with the web interface.
However, using the telnet interface was just fine in this regards.
Something like an ncurses based frontend would be ideal.

Jason