[mythtv-users] OT: HOWTO F7 to F8 via yum

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Nov 12 17:00:30 UTC 2007

On 11/12/2007 09:54 AM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Saw this on one of my RSS feeds thought I would share.
>
> http://fedora-tutorials.com/2007/11/10/werewolf-fedora-8-upgrade-in-3-easy-steps/
>
> Note, don't blame me if your system explodes and catches fire to your
> entire house. I have not tested this myself, but I may try it on one of
> my less important F7 systems.
I used the following link to use yum to upgrade from F7 to F8:
http://www.ioncannon.net/system-administration/133/upgrading-from-fedora-7-to-fedora-8-with-yum/

In looking at your link, it is similar to the alternate method (does not
require editing any files).
>  Also I'm not sure how nicely this plays
> with ATrpms, assuming you could edit the atrpms.repo file and change the
> version.

On the couple of systems I use, my atrpms.repo has the version
hard-coded (Mythdora 4.0 and F7 custom install).  So it will need to be
edited.

Also, I only have 32-bit versions.  I have not tested either procedure
with x86_64.

--
David