[mythtv-users] Best Linux for MythTV

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 12 18:13:32 UTC 2007

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 11:16:38PM -0500, Chris Isip wrote:
> EOL wont stop me, I compiled my own rpms from the atrmps srpms.

I'm dropping EOL'd distros for a reason - I can't fill in Red Hat's
place in making sure your system is secure anymore. Even if you
rebuild all of ATrpms for EOL'd distros you will still face the
missing updates for kernels, glibcs etc.

And since mythtv requires access to the net for scedules etc EOL'd
mythtv systems get exposed.

I recommned going RHEL/CentOS/SL if you want a stable system with less
frequent mass updates :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net