[mythtv-users] "Internal" player problems

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:11:56 UTC 2007

I have some xvid, and ffmpeg based .mp4, .avi, and .mov files I created
using handbrake for the most part.  There are some files I downloaded years
ago that I honestly have no idea what format they're in.  Sine mplayer can
play them and the internal player cannot, then I guess it's safe to assume
that the file format is the problem.

Can anyone point me to a list of supported formats/codecs? My library is not
that extensive, and as long as I don't have to transcode everything to some
obscure format, I'd be willing to do what it takes to make it work with the
internal player.  Is there any development taking place on the internal
player to make it support more formats?

Has anyone successfully used the internal player to play back DVDs?  Is my
non-functioning "internal" DVD playback the rule or the exception?