[mythtv-users] Remote Control on MythTV

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:16:49 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 1:07 PM, Alysson Costa <alyssonmc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using a Leadership GOTEC 3801, made for Windows MCE.
> As receptro, I'm using a homebrew serial device.
>
> I made my lircd.conf using a irrecord.
>
> tks
>
> Alysson
>

> On Nov 12, 2007 4:16 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 12/11/2007, Alysson Costa <alyssonmc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'tm try to configure a homebrew IR receiver using serial port.
> > > When I run irrecord everthing works fine, it recognizer each key
> > > pressed and I put the name;
> > > but when I use irw it recognizes same code for diferent pressed key.
> > >
> > > How to configure it?
> >
> > It could depend on a) which remote control you are 'learning' with
> > irrecord, and b) whether you are recording in raw mode, or using a
> > remote control header header file for your remote control, if you know
> >  which protocol it is using.
> >
> > As Sean says, you can check the LIRC.org website/CVS browser for an
> > existing lircd.conf config file for your remote.
> >
> > --
> > Nick Morrott
> >
> > MythTV Official wiki:
> > http://mythtv.org/wiki/
> >
> > "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
> Franklin

> --
> Alysson Magalhães da Costa
> e-mail : alyssonmc at gmail.com
> MSN : alysson_mc at hotmail.com
> Celular : (61) 8143-8800
> VoIP : (31) 4062-7563

Maybe you should contact this person: http://ryan.com.br/prod_gotec5990.htm

They created a config file using winlirc for a device made by the same
manufacturer (which seems to sell a lot in Brazil, but nowhere else).

I bet that you simply need to setup the header info though and everything
would work.