[mythtv-users] Time Warner Cable with VisionTek ATI TV Wonder HD 650

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:03:26 UTC 2007

On 12/11/2007, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/2007, Arpotu <arpotu at apathynews.com> wrote:
> > > Arpotu wrote:
> > > This is the "650" card that I think you're talking about:
> > > http://ati.amd.com/products/tvwonder650/pci/index.html
> > >

> > Yeah, you're right - that is the card.  I didn't see it on the "will not
> > work" list (isn't running with the 150 chip set), so I thought I was safe.
> >  Unless my efforts would be utterly futile, I'll give it a try under
> > Ubuntu and let you know how it works.
>
> It won't work. Check
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_TV_Wonder_650 (and the Linux
> TV wikis in general) for current support status. This obivously
> assumes that the wikis are updated, but recent ATI cards (video or
> capture) have not had great support.
>
> It looks like you might have better luck with the HDTV Wonder
> (http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_HDTV_Wonder).

Qualification - by luck I mean a) the card might work under Linux, and
b) allow you to receive regular OTA ATSC/QAM signals.

I guess Windows MCE will be the first/only media centre to support
CableCard properly, once the DRM is agreed with content oweners.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/