[mythtv-users] wireless keyboard

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:14:04 UTC 2007

I'm in the market for a wireless keyboard for my living room.

Ideally, I'd like to buy a keyboard that has a charging station,
incorperates both the keyboard and a track pad (or less ideally, a track
ball) and is relatively compact (somwhere between the size of a standard
keyboard and a typical external PDA/smart phone keyboard).  I'd prefer it
use bluetooth to connect, and if not, 2.4ghz or some kind of non-line of
sight arrangement.   I'm aware of a $150 solution from logitec, but I was
hoping to find something in the $50 or less category.  Any suggestions?
I've done some searching myself, so I'm somewhat aware of what's available,
but I was hoping to hear from myth users that actually own/use or have owned
and thrown away something like I'm describing.

Of course, Linux compatibility is an issue.  Having zero experience with
cordless keyboards, what to they typically involve in terms of drivers?
Does a typical 2.4ghz require special drivers to run, or does the hardware
just simulate a standard usb keyboard?