[mythtv-users] Recordings won't delete

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:15:27 UTC 2007

On 08/11/2007, Gary Elder <gelder4 at cox.net> wrote:
> I had to rebuild my system, and subsequently restored my database from a
> backup.  Somewhere along the way I deleted some recordings from my
> recording directory.  The recordings are still listed as recorded
> programs in the frontend, but of course when I try watch them I get a
> message that states the files could not be found.  When I try to delete
> them, the recorded program disappears from the listings but then
> reappears after a few seconds.
>
> I've tried running myth.rebuilddatabase.pl and optimize_mythdb.pl.  Both
> ran successfully, but they didn't fix the problem. Suggestions?

Running contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl is probably your best bet to
avoid editing the DB directly. The script was created to fix this
exact problem. Remember to back up your DB before running _any_ script
on the DB, MythTV provided or not. myth.find_orphans.pl -help will
display the usage information.

Newer versions of MythTV should allow you to delete the DB metadata of
missing recording file via the recorded programmes list, although I
can't say precisely which revision added this support.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/