[mythtv-users] external channel change script messed up othertuners, and other issues

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:27:17 UTC 2007

On 12/11/2007, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> Yes, I made a new video source and a new lineup on schedulesdirect.org too.
> Took a few mythfilldatabase runs to get the guide data in. Also, Since the
> cable box uses the rca input (composite connection), how would I know what
> frequencies to put in? The channel changer script works great when I'm
> viewing the cable box input (input 1).

The 'frequencies' are the channel presets you enter on the remote to
change channel on the remote. They are passed to the changer script
when MythTV changes channel. Perhaps the SD information includes this
info for you. I know in the UK it still has to be entered manually for
any script controlled video sources.

> In the area in mythtv-setup, you can put in an external changer command...i
> did this, but only for the video input that the cable box is connected to
> (input 1). I thought that when watching the other video sources (inputs
> 2-4), they would not run that command since it was only filled in for that
> other video source. That is the part that is confusing me. How did the other
> inputs 2-4 get mocked up when I put a changer script only for input 1.

Seems OK. Any chance the ivtv drivers are loading the cards
inconsistently (i.e. the /dev/videox device change)?

Ch+/Ch- only browses the channels available on the current video
source. Entering the channel number directly allows you to change to
the channel on another source if it is not available on the current
source.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: