[mythtv-users] Pinnacle 250HD

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Tue Nov 13 00:42:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, November 13, 2007 10:21 am, Mitch Gore wrote:
> Just found this new product on the web.
>
> Pinnacle 250HD for only
> $199.99<http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/Digital+Media+Adapters/Digital+Media+Player/ShowCenter+250+HD+Documents/Technical+Specifications/ShowCenter250HD+Technical+Specifications+UK.htm>
>
> Seems it would be an AMAZING HD Frontend.  Handels MPEG2 at 1080i!
>
> It looks like it runs of a uPnP server.
>
> Does anyone know how well the uPnP server works on Myth.  I know it exists
> but how well does it work?

Patchy at best it would seem, but knoppmyth also now bundles fuppes, an
open source uPnP media server. I have yet to try it, but it looks
promising.

> I assume all you can do is view videos but:
> Does comm skip work?
> Can you watch Live TV?
> Is it quick?
>
> Any over caveats?

no h264 support is the first thing that stands out.

However another Pinnacle product seems to have its own myth wiki page so
someone must have tried it.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PinnacleShowcenter200-UPnP

--
Nick Rout