[mythtv-users] Recordings won't delete

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 13 01:21:09 UTC 2007

On 11/12/2007 07:25 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> Did you try touching the missing filename and
> deleting from the interface again to see if it fares better?

And make sure the user running the backend has permission to delete the
file.  (Ideally, just touch it as the user running the backend.)  And
make sure you touch it on the right backend's filesystem (though that
seems easy enough to figure out, I thought I'd mention it just as a
reminder).   Even if you have an NFS/CIFS share for your recordings
directory, using the right backend is a good idea as
ownership/permissions may not work the way you expect with shared
filesystems.

Mike