[mythtv-users] linux, mythbackend and mysql on CompactFlash?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:45:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

How well  do CF-cards perform as a medium for OS, MythTV and MySql?

I have a 8GB CF card and I was thinking about installing OS and MythTV
(BE and FE) on CF, while using  two HDDs for recordings, music etc.

Are the CF cards able to handle MySql requests and other OS duties at
the (nearly?) same speed as a hard disk?

I know that many people use CF for frontendends, but I would like to
use it for a backend also. I would like to use HDDs exclusively for
recordings, because I had disk IO errors on one backend in the past,
when I had mysql and recordings on the same disk.

M.