[mythtv-users] Problem with ProjectGrayhem-wide theme

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Nov 13 21:24:29 UTC 2007

> Doug Young wrote:
>> On Nov 13, 2007 5:24 AM, Justin Hornsby <justin at mythtvthemes.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Despite your email being in html and not going through the correct
>>> channel to report the problem, I looked into it.
>>>

>> Quick question here...Would you prefer a ticket be opened in trac for
>> a theme problem like this?  If not, what would be the "correct
>> channel"?
>>
>> Just asking because I have a minor annoyance with Greyhem ;-)
>>
> 1. if the problem with one of my themes from my website (not SVN) is
> image related, take a screenshot and email it to me with a description
> of the problem
>
> 2. if the problem with one of my themes from my website (not SVN) is not
> image related (e.g. a segfault caused by missing elements), email me
> with as full a description as you can
>
> For all issues relating to themes in SVN, open a ticket.
>
> If you're running mythtv from SVN trunk, don't expect everything in
> themes from my website to just work (tm).  Myth has a nasty habit of
> segfaulting when theme elements are missing, and developers  have a
> habit of 'breaking' old themes meaning that incorporating new elements
> makes stuff weird for users of lesser revisions of MythTV.
>
> With minor issues like text placement, area size etc, check you have the
> right font installed (now Bitstream Vera Sans for all my themes) and
> that you're running X at 100DPI.  Sometimes running a -wide theme at a
> non-wide resolution can cause problems too - YMMV.
>
> As far as minor annoyances go - part of that for me is users coming back
> wanting additions/changes I can't be bothered with because stuff works
> for me ;)  Still, it costs nothing to ask nicely & I might have a look.
>
> Justin.

Sorry Justin,

I had a look on your website and saw no information related to reporting
bugs/problems and not know which themes are in svn or not also makes
things tricky to know where to report them aswell as not knowing if this
was an isolated issue in my setup. html posting, sorry I have no excuse
for that :) /me kicks outlook.

Cheers

Anthony