[mythtv-users] Multiple tuners, but one cable box, how to prioritize recordings

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Nov 13 23:11:04 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 2:58 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

>> When you set up your recording rule, you can choose which tuner to
>> prefer for that particular recording rule. I'm not sure which
>> version that was introduced, but I've been using it for a while
>> now. It might be in .20-fixes. Anyway, it won't caue a conflict if
>> that tuner is otherwise occupied, but it will try to use that one
>> first.
>>
>> -Brad
>>

>> i've got the ubuntu 7.10, mythtv build 20.2, i don't see where i
>> can select which tuner per recording. When i setup my live tv,
>> default, high quality, etc, it doesn't say preferred tuner or
>> anything like that. Could it be cause i have an old version?
>> -Steve
>> -Steve
>
> No, when you first set up the tuner in mythtv-setup, not recording
> profiles.
>

>  I got that bit, but that won't help me tell it to record Seinfeld
> or Mythbusters on one tuner, and other shows on the other tuners.
> Any ideas?

Yeah, the part I quoted above. When you set up your recording rule for
a particular show, you'll get an option in the Scheduling Options
section for which Input to use/prefer. If you don't have this option,
you're running an older version without this feature. You can either
compile your own from a newer version with this feature, use a
packager that offers more recent  (unstable) versions or wait for the
next stable release which will include this feature.

-Brad