[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 stops receiving

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:23:14 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 2:25 AM, Robert Tsai <mythtv at tsaiberspace.net> wrote:
tom of a tire, worn out eeprom?

> My machine has always been on 24x7. I unload/reload the modules
> because the card "stops working".
>
> So it was already broken before I started doing this whole
> twice-a-week unload/reload hack thing.

By "it" do you suspect the card or your system in general?

I'm wondering if  the need to constantly reload the module, is a
symptom of an ailing or aging card, and should those who need to
persistently reload the modules begin looking for a replacement card?

I've noticed that my card fails in the following scenario: When I'm
tuned in to a station receiving 70% + signal everything is grand and
swell. However if I ever, if only for a moment or two, tune in a
station receiving only 17% +/-  signal, then the card stops working
well. When I try tuning into the original station that brought in a
70% + signal, I can manage only about 26% max. If I reload the module,
the channel is back to 70% +.

This implies to me that the card is "sticky" or has lost its agility
-- a symptom of aging in I'm all too familiar with!

I guess it would be helpful to know if anyone solved this problem by
replacing the card?