[mythtv-users] myth2ipod/nuvexport

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:45:50 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 9:01 AM, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2007 11:16 AM, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > >On 11/11/07, Chris Isip <cmisipster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >    On Nov 8, 2007 3:26 PM, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >        On Nov 8, 2007 12:03 PM, Stephen Robertson <
> stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >        > I wonder if anyone is having any success with exporting video
> to an
> > >        > ipod, specifically in this case one of the nanos that can do
> video if
> > >        > that's relevant.
> > >
> > >    I got this from the net somewhere  and seems to work well for my
> ipod touch.
> > >
> > >    #!/bin/bash
> > >    rm -rf tmp.mpg* 2> /dev/null
> > >    mythtranscode --mpeg2 -i $1 -o tmp.mpg
> > >    /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i tmp.mpg  -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128k -s
> 320x240 -vcodec h264 -b 300k -flags +loop -cmp +chroma >-partitions
> +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me umh -subq 5 -trellis 1 -refs 1 -coder 0
> -me_range 16 -g 300 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 >-i_qfactor 0.71 -bt
> 300k -maxrate 300k -bufsize 300k -rc_eq 'blurCplx^(1-qComp)' -qcomp 0.6-qmin 15 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -level 30 -aspect >320:240 $2
> > >    rm -rf tmp.mpg* 2> /dev/null
> > >
> >  >
> > >Thanks - this worked quite well for me for my iPhone.
> > >
> > >In case anyone elses tries it - to make it work on a recent ffmpeg -
> > you need to change 'aac' to 'libfaac' and 'h264' to 'libx264'
> >
> > Anyone got any clues why I am having problems using this?  The error
> > I'm getting is below.  A far as I can tell I have the aac codec
> > compiled in.  Probably something obvious as usual!!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Stephen
>
> Knew there would be something obvious!  Somehow in my mucking about I
> had two ffmpeg one at /usr/bin and one in /usr/local/bin.  When doing
> ffmpeg -formats it was picking up the /local one but the script went
> to the other one.
>
> However I'm not a huge amount further ahead.  It now runs and produces
> a video file which if I load up with quicktime on a windows pc then it
> plays and I get audio but just a blank screen instead of any image.
> If its any sort of clue I get a movie fps of 25 but a playing fps of 0
> from the "movie inspector" part of quicktime
>
> I've tried reducing the commands passed to ffmpeg to  a minimum with
> the aim of getting some sort of output and then gradually add them
> back in to optimise it.
>
> I have tried it with
> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i tmp.mpg  -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128k
> -s 320x240 -vcodec h264 -b 300k $2
>
> I'm just a bit puzzled if other people are having success.
>
> Thanks
> Stephen

Since you are dealing with aac you might have to enable both a52 and a52bin
in the compile of ffmpeg.  It doesn't help that you have multiple versions
of ffmpeg installed.  Ffmpeg also depends on a lot of other libraries such
as avodec, avformat, avutil, postproc etc which you might have multiple
versions.