[mythtv-users] Dvico Lite channel change time

Hunter McDaniel oxothuk.maps at 4dv.net
Wed Nov 14 03:49:26 UTC 2007

Tom R. wrote:
> I recently bought a Winfast DTV 1000-t but was dissapointed with the 3
> - 5 seconds it often takes to change channels. I'm told it's 'just the
> card'. I'm now looking at the Dvico Lite as a second tuner, but am
> interested to know whether the extra $70 is worth it. Does it change
> channels any faster? Is the reception any better?
>
> And how do I get rid of the "LMS Lock" box that takes up half my
> screen when I change channels? It's not something I want the end user
> to see.

I have the Fusion 5 Lite (not the RT lite) and it also takes right
around 3 seconds to change channels.  It's not worth $70 more than some
other card; heck I only paid $50 for it on e-bay.

Someone more in the know may correct me, but I believe the reason for
slow channel changes is is that Live TV in myth always runs a couple
seconds behind and when you switch to a new channel it has to refill
that buffer.  If you've ever tried to push the 'skip forward' button
when watching live TV, you'll notice that it jumps to a point to a point
a couple seconds less than the current length of the recording.