[mythtv-users] Best commercial detection?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 14 05:15:23 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Steve O' Brien wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> I've tried a couple of different commercial detection methods and
> haven't had much success with the accuracy of any of them.  Can
> anyone give me any suggestions as to what works well for you?  As an
> example of how poor the accuracy has been, I just recorded an hour
> long show last night that I went back and reviewed, and while the
> end result is right about the 40 minutes of actual show there should
> be, I think it only got one of the commercial breaks 100% right.
>
> This has been the only frustration I've had with Myth after
> switching my PVR box from GBPVR under Windows (GBPVR did commercial
> detection *amazingly* well, so I've got high expectations)
>
> -Steve

Where are you located? What channel are you using? HD? What methods
are you using? Are you using the experimental commercial detection?

I find that in the US, most of my high def channels are right on since
they LOVE to put the high-def bug in the corner while the show it on.
Lots of other channels work ok, but some stations are terrible for me
like TNT.

-Brad