[mythtv-users] Best commercial detection?

Steve O' Brien steveobrien at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 05:41:55 UTC 2007

In the US.  Comcast standard non-HD service.  Most of the shows I'm
recording do have network logos, although a couple of my local affiliate
channels seem to display "their" logo occasionally, which messes things up
as Myth doesn't seem to recognize that as being equal to say the NBC
peacock.

Most of my recordings are on the major broadcast networks, although a few
other channels thrown into the mix as well (TNT, History, Discovery).  Would
be happy if I could get NBC, ABC, etc happy.  I've tried swapping around
with all of the different methods, Blank or Blank/Scene seem to be working
best, but it's a tough call.  I'd be curious to hear what works best for
everyone else...