[mythtv-users] semi frozen system

Phil Vid phil.vid at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:09:36 UTC 2007

I'm running Fedora 7 on a new system and have configured mythfrontend
to be running with realtime priority. Every now and again after
running the system for a few days, the keyboard becomes non
responsive. Mythfrontend still functions, and can be driven by the
remote. However when I quit mythfrontend and return to the desktop,
the desktop still functions, mouse still moves, but no new programs
(like terminal) can be launched.
The machine becomes no longer accessible over the network so I can't
ssh in. Shutdown from the gui no longer works. I can't kill X from the
keyboard or switch vtys and reboot.

I am guessing this is something to do with the realtime priority but
I'm not sure how to isolate further from here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil