[mythtv-users] How to connect a FE to a remote BE

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 14 12:39:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I hate to sound like a raging noob but where can I find a guide that
will explain how to connect a FE to a BE across a LAN?
I think I am having MySQL problems because I can ping my server but
cannot get a connection with MythTV.
I have googled all sorts of variations of "MySQL", "MythTV", "LAN",
"Connection", "FE", "BE", "Database", etc. but I am getting no where.
If someone can give me a link or some answers I would be forever
grateful,
Glen

PS: Running a FE and BE on the server on Ubuntu Gutsy (and it works!)
Running a FE on Mythbuntu Gusty
100 LAN connection with nothing else running
Tried connecting when watching tv on the server
Tried connecting when NOT watching tv on the server
Can ping the BE from the remote FE
have tried using the IP as a server name on the remote FE
have tried using the host name as server name on the remote FE
Any useful information that you would like me to provide to figure this
out? Just let me know