[mythtv-users] How to connect a FE to a remote BE

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:00:56 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 7:48 AM, Ralf Kleineisel <ralf at kleineisel.de> wrote:
> Glen Hawksworth wrote:
>
> > I hate to sound like a raging noob but where can I find a guide that
> > will explain how to connect a FE to a BE across a LAN?
> > I think I am having MySQL problems because I can ping my server but
> > cannot get a connection with MythTV.

If this is the first *client* FE (as opposed to one on the same system as
the BE) you might need to follow the directions in the HOWTO under the
heading "Modifying access to the MySQL database for multiple systems"
at the following link:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#s6

Craig.