[mythtv-users] BBC HD h264 how to handle

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Nov 14 16:03:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, November 14, 2007 3:01 pm, Oliver Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last time I tried to view BBC HD from LiveTV it played it okay (I got a
> second of TV then a second pause - my computer isn't powerful enoguh to
> cope
> with it - but it did actually play).
>
> That was using a pretty recenty ATrpms version though.
>
> Oliver
>
> On Nov 14, 2007 12:03 PM, belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Searched the lists and the wiki but I still don't understand, not
>> surprising knowing me, how to get this going.
>> What I read is that BBC HD sends a h264 stream and the internal player
>> can't do h264. So Live-TV shouldn't be possible I think ?
>> What have you UK guys done to get this going.
>> How do you do Commercial-Cutting without transcoding to mpeg2 ?
>> Would be very pleased if someone could give me some hints.
>>
>> Henk Schoneveld
>> The Netherlands

My experience is the same as Oliver.  It plays, but my hardware isn't up
to the job, so I get pauses (it just about plays at 0.5x).  Also I find
that when I first switch to BBC HD in live TV it errors saying something
about "can't play video" and returns me to the menu, but then when I go
back into Watch TV it starts up ok.

This is over DVB-S.  Don't know about DVB-T.

Robert.