[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs nowavailable

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:56:07 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 5:33 AM, Daniel Arfsten <darfsten at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My question is would I be
> able to dual boot the xbox to either xebian to run mythfrontend as well as
> boot it to my normal dashboard for all other apps?

Yes, absolutely.  That is how I'm currently using my XBox - as both an
XBox gaming machine and a MythTV frontend (running Xebian 1.1.4).

>  I have also read from other users that linux (xebian) on xbox and running
> mythfrontend is slow. Any comments on this?

In my opinion, mythfrontend is a touch sluggish, but not slow by any
means.  It's definitely not as snappy as a fast machine (i.e. no
instant response), but still well within usable limits.

It might take 2-5 seconds to load the list of recordings menu; and
takes around 20-30 seconds to start playing a recording.  But those
are about the worst delays I've seen.

> Also, my backend is Ubuntu
> Feisty which I beleive is 20.2 Mythtv. Would that be a an issue since my
> backend isn't Debian Etch or whatever? (Yes, I know that ubuntu is debian
> based but I am just curious)

I can't comment on this issue, as I'm using Xebian 1.1.4

As an aside, LiveTV works fine, but the response time isn't great if
you're a channel surfer; or like to use the EPG a lot.