[mythtv-users] deleting from telnet interface

Jason Joines jason at joines.org
Wed Nov 14 18:47:36 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] deleting from telnet interface
From: Jason Marshall <marshalj at spots.ab.ca>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Date: Mon Nov 12 16:15:39 2007
>> I answered your question regardless of how it sounds.
>>

> Not really.
>
> To the guy who wants to do this:  Why not use a text-based web browser
> like links/elinks?  It works for me when I'm in a bandwidth-challenged
> location.
>
> Failing that, I don't see a setting in my 0.20.2 settings table that is
> specifically for not displaying the pixmaps from within mythweb.  BUT,
> maybe you could delete all the *.png files from your recordings
> directory, and set the GeneratePreviewPixmaps setting to false, like
> "update settings set data=0 where value="GeneratePreviewPixmaps".  That
> will turn it off for all hostnames (frontend/backend/whatever).  In
> theory, once you turn that back on, it will start generating pixmaps
> again...???
>
> Personally I'd just leave it on and use elinks to browse to mythweb...
>
> Jason

    The earlier posts made it sound like text based browsers didn't work
very well with mythweb.  I did eventually use one, w3m, to disable the
"Show pixmaps" option.  Then it became usable with good ol' SeaMonkey.
I should've done a table dump before and after and run a diff on them
but I forgot.  That'll have to be another day.

    Now MythWeb seems to be pretty usable for modifying recording
schedules and deleting recordings at least.  It just shows "NO DATA" for
listings though.  There doesn't seem to be an option for running
transcoding jobs either but I believe I can do that from the command
line with mythtranscode.

Jason