[mythtv-users] mythtv & the future of HD

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:14:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 11:04:46 am Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
wrote:
> Hello, I was thinking of getting a HD Home Run for my myth setup. That got
> me thinking...since everything is moving slowly but surely over to hd
> (cable and satellite included), what are other mythtv users' plans and
> thoughts about not being able to join in on the HD fun? In 2-3 years, will
> mythtv users be dropping off in favor of HD cable and satellite box DVR's?
> What do you guys think?
> -Steve

Myth is much more then a DVR and plus the cost of the Satelite DVR's will
still be more then the cost of Myth + Subscription.

I have an HDTV on order (Panasonic PZ77U 42") and plan on getting an HD
Capable card (HD Home Run most likely) to capture HD Content.

I don't expect to move to any Cable / Satelite box because of cost and the
loss of functionality (I use the Music / DVD Rip / etc quite extensively).

Ben