[mythtv-users] Anyone using djmount to connect Myth to UPnP content?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Nov 14 19:55:52 UTC 2007

I was wondering today if anyone here was using djmount (
http://djmount.sourceforge.net/) to mount UPnP servers as Linux filesystems
to make them accessible to a MythTV frontend?  I see many people looking to
use other UPnP clients against the MythTV server, but I recently bought an
HP Vista Home Premium desktop that came with an HD tuner in it and I was
considering how to use it possibly with MythTV in some way as maybe a backup
for my most favorite shows in case something went horribly wrong with Myth.

It looks to me with djmount, I could record with Media Center, expose via
UPnP (Media Center does this, right?), and the mount the content using the
metadata and then shove that into MythVideo or some other method to
view/watch it from the Frontend.

Thoughts?

Kevin