[mythtv-users] mythtv & the future of HD

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:55:12 UTC 2007

On 11/14/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > But I don't think anyone has tried to argue that those rules apply to
> > cable-only stations, SD or HD.
>
> http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/get-cfr.cgi?TITLE=47&PART=76&SECTION=640&TYPE=TEXT
>
> What do you make of it?

First off, that document doesn't seem to talk at all about must-carry
or in-the-clear rules.

I assume you're specifically talking about section 4 at the bottom of
page 623, right?  The Motorola 6100 I got from the cable company does
follow all those.

The firewire port is functional.  I currently use it so mythbackend
can change the channel.  But I can only get mpeg video out of it for a
small handful for channels because of the 5C settings; pretty much
only what's in the most basic cable package and a few more seemingly
chosen at random by the cable operator.  None of the HD channels,
local or cable-only, are in this set.

-- Tony