[mythtv-users] Cleaning up stale recording rules?

James Gutshall Jr warchildx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:10:49 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 2:15 PM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

> > Really? Given the traffic in this thread, that doesn't seem to be
> > working for many people here.
>

>  It looks like at some point that function was moved to the internal
> housekeaper code in programs/mythbackend/housekeeper.cpp
> (HouseKeeper::CleanupProgramListings()) in the same area that removes old
> program listings data.
>
> Not sure how regularly it is called nor just how much is retained.

Can you give any insight as to at what revision this was
incorporated/moved?  At least for thse people who are not running SVN.  I
for one have always had this case (leftover record-once rules) and wasnt
even aware they were supposed to automatically clean themselves out.  I have
a perl script to dump them out of the database when I do housekeeping crons,
but since rebuilding my backend, I have not yet re-implemented the script.
Can someone provide more information as to when/how this process works, and
at what revision of myth did it become an automatic feature?  I for one
think it would be a good option, especially for those who use mythweb alot
from work for record-once type of shows.
--James