[mythtv-users] No closed captioning for any tuner in Mythtv SVN

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 01:00:17 UTC 2007

Thank you Daniel and Craig for getting back to me on
this.  On my first email today, I included my hardware
details at the bottom of my email.  As for my settings
in the mythtv-setup program, the VBI is set to NTSC
closed captions for my area (California).  Just to
clarify, only my ATSC card used to be able to display
VBI closed captioning for HD channels when I ran
Mythtv 20.2.  After upgrading to SVN, neither card
could display CC.  It seems that Mythtv took one step
forward, and two steps back in its development.

The drivers I am using for the cards are the very
latest Conexant 2388x drivers, including the latest
blackbird driver patches for the hardware mpeg card.

Sam