[mythtv-users] Monit for monetring mythbackend

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 02:10:14 UTC 2007

I'm trying to use monit to monitor the backend but I
can't get it to work properly. I followed the
instructions on the MythTv wiki except I start the
front and back as a user so I added this to the
monitrc file. When monit trys to start the backend, I
get Unable to read config file mysql.txt and Could not
create //.mythtv. I figured it was a path problem so I
did an echo $PATH and it said home/mythtv/bin so I
added this to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mythbackend script
but it didn't help. I'm using F8 on a x86_64 kernel. I
had to install the i386 package that said f7 since
this was all I could find.

Anyone run into this?