[mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

King, Josh M kingjos at uwstout.edu
Thu Nov 15 02:12:28 UTC 2007

What command should I use?

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Doug Young
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:53 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

On Nov 14, 2007 5:34 PM, King, Josh M <kingjos at uwstout.edu> wrote:
> That's the kicker though, when I go into mythtv-setup it shows up as
> having the computers ip address of 192.168.1.20.  Does anyone know
what
> I can do from this point?

Check that with the following SQL:
select * from settings where value like '%ServerIP';

should return something like:
| BackendServerIP | AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD | deathstar        |
| MasterServerIP  | AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD | NULL             |
| BackendServerIP | AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD | Executor         |

the MasterServerIP would be the one to make sure is right...it needs
to be NULL, and it needs to have the correct AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD.  If it
doesn't, you should be able to set it under the general options in
mythtv-setup, or <nasty> through a DB update </nasty>.
--
Doug