[mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

King, Josh M kingjos at uwstout.edu
Thu Nov 15 03:54:54 UTC 2007

What is Qt-mysql?

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Remco Treffkorn
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:38 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, King, Josh M wrote:
> Ok so I have a standalone frontend machine that i'm trying to have
> connect to my masterbackend but am having no luck what soever with
this
> issue. I have already configured the backend to to allow external
access
> to mythbackend and the mysql server so i know thats not the problem.
>
> Here is the content of /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log

On Fedora qt-MySQL is neede for the frontend to be able to connect to
the
backend. If it's not there, I get exactly the same error messages you
get. I
don't know why qt-MySQL is not REQUIRED by the frontend rpm, but it is
not.

In this case the error message in the frontend log is very misleading...

Cheers,
Remco

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)