[mythtv-users] How to connect a FE to a remote BE

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 15 10:49:54 UTC 2007

I tried the following from the other similar thread to this one

                Check that with the following SQL:
                select * from settings where value like '%ServerIP';

                should return something like:
                | BackendServerIP | AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD | deathstar        |
                | MasterServerIP  | AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD | NULL             |
                | BackendServerIP | AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD | Executor         |

                the MasterServerIP would be the one to make sure is
                right...it needs
                to be NULL, and it needs to have the correct
                AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD.  If it
                doesn't, you should be able to set it under the general
                options in
                mythtv-setup, or <nasty> through a DB update </nasty>.

...and I got the right response however I only got one entry for
BackendServerIP and the NULL entry for MasterServerIP (both with the
same correct IP)

Also from the other thread I looked up the /etc/hosts on both the FE and
BE. Both machines had only 127.0.0.1 IP addresses in them (problem I
guess, but don't know what to do about)

Sounds like me and Josh have the same problem, I wonder who will crack
it first ;-)

I will keep looking but any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Glen