[mythtv-users] Scheduling query

Bryan Bennetts bryan.bennetts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:48:10 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I have a question for the scheduler gurus out there.  I've never really had
too worry about conflicts too much before, but have hit an odd situation and
was wondering if anyone can shed light on what is going on.

Firstly, I have 3 dvb tuners, and since I've been burned by missing the ends
of shows in the past I tend to stick 5-7 minutes on the start and end of
shows that I schedule (usually through MythWeb).  This means that back to
back shows get assigned to different tuners.

Tonight I thought I'd put some effort into showing the girlfriend that you
don't really need to watch live tv, if you just select eveything you want to
record the magical scheduler works everything out for you and you can watch
everything at your leisure.

Anyhoo, I got one conflict, that I wasn't expecting and from the show times
I'm pretty sure it shouldn't exist - I then told myth to record the show and
nothing has really changed in the lineup.  I don't have any special
channel/show priorites set.

Here's two pictures of mythweb - the first shows the conflict and the second
shows the show being 'forced' to record.  I think only one show need to
change tuner.  Is there a slight funnny in the scheduler or am I missing
something?

http://www.bbennetts.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/2.html

I'm assuming now everything will record as no conflicts are being shown - I'll
find out tonight!

Cheers, Bryan.

PS Apologies for the appalling website - I ahve no web presence and never
bother publishing anything usually!