[mythtv-users] How to connect a FE to a remote BE

King, Josh M kingjos at uwstout.edu
Thu Nov 15 20:55:19 UTC 2007

I ran the command "lsof -i :3306 and it came back with the output you
described below.  Here is the output I received

COMMAND	PID	USER	FD	TYPE	DEVICE	SIZE	MODE	NAME
Mysqld	4699	mysql	13u	IPv4	16785			TCP
*:mysql (LISTEN)

I'm assuming this is what it's supposed show when I run the command?

Also, I'm running into another problem that might be related and it's
that when I try and log into mythweb a screen comes up stating this:

Database Access Denied

You are most likely receiving this message because you
have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see .htaccess for instructions.

The strange thing is that the username and password I have set up for
mythweb are exactly the same as what is configured for the database.
Does anyone have any ideas in regards to this issue?