[mythtv-users] Still got Freeview problems..

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Thu Nov 15 22:50:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, November 16, 2007 5:57 am, Robert Longbottom wrote:
> On Thu, November 15, 2007 4:17 pm, OneBob wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Does anyone know if the Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI card would work
>> in
>> Myth?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> David
>
> Not according to http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Pinnacle as it's
> not supported by v4l.
>
> Robert.

Thats a bit misleading as far as i can tell. I am thinking its a satellite
card in which case you should be looking at the dvb-s drivers, not v4l

Having said that, its a bit hard to tell whether it works from the dvb-s
page here:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S_PCI_Cards

I suggest taking it slowly from the command line. There are some hints here

http://pvr.geek.nz/w/index.php/DVB-S_Setup

--
Nick Rout