[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:02:30 UTC 2007

> Now I've read on the wiki that the MythVideo plugin can handle multiple
> directories. This is great!
>
> The wiki lacks details like that for TV. It shows it can make the
> difference between LiveTV and recorded programs. But can I tell it that
> recordings can go in 2 different directories?

If you're running the SVN development version then yes, you can define
multiple storage groups for recordings on different drives.  If you're
running the stable version then no, mythtv will only search one
location.  You could of course replace your recordings with symbolic
links to files stored elsewhere, and I think there are scripts around
that will let you do that.

> What about MythMusic
Yes, mythmusic will search for  subdirectories on remote drives.

> and MythGallery?
so will mythgallery