[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Nov 16 14:37:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 09:20 -0500, Bill Omer wrote:
> > OK, thanks for that.
> >
> > Oh well, the most flexible setup is still LVM, so I'll go that way
> (and
>

> Or, just install the SVN version of MythTV and use storage groups.
> Much easier imho.  And I think would be more reliable than using LVM,
> even if it is the development release.

This is a choice between loosing a bit of reliability based on hardware
disks (LVM itself is quite a stable thing) and software reliability by
going outside of my package management system.

I rather like the package management system, I do not want to manually
manage the code of a complex (very nice, but complex) piece of software.

I've been dealing with LVM-like stuff before as part of my job, and
rather like it too.

LVM will also make it so easy to replace a 250 GB disk with a 1TB disk
at a later stage, without breaking/changing the current setup.

nico